Monday, January 15, 2007

Æsculapius, Henry, and Panacea

For my first post, I wanted to outline the purpose of my blog. I've always thought that medicine, while not for me, is a fascinating science, industry, career, and lifestyle. Doctors stand at the intersection of the pharmaceutical industry, the government, patients, lobbyists, hospital adminstrators, etc. I am so impressed by what doctors and other medical professionals can do, yet I often see them maligned, criticized, sued, or otherwise. I wanted to make sure that there was a dissenting voice among the clatter of contrarians, someone who seriously considered the medical issues in our complex world and who didn't condemn the front-line troops because he didn't like the war. You may not agree that doctors deserve our praise, but I hope I can convince you to give them our respect.

No comments: